Australia bound

Saturday, December 16, 2006

3 month mark

Today marks 3 months since I left Greenville to come here! I can't believe it's been that long..I feel like I'm in such a different life now, though. 1/2 way done! Lecture phase is finally over..we had our last lecture on Friday! I am so excited about local outreach and outreach to India. We did find out a little more of what we will be doing in India; they told us we'll be working with a lot of street children and orphans as well as old folks and people with leprosy. We bought our plane tickets the other day, and we'll be leaving on January 10, 2007. Prayer needs: people who haven't gotten all of their money in yet for outreach, unity in our team, safety
I'm reading Crime and Punishment right now and loving it. I miss home a lot. It took me 30 minutes to get on this page just to post the blog! The past 2 weeks of lectures were on Spiritual Warfare and Evangelism...we did a lot of evangelism in the city this week and I met so many new people! I guess I've been disillusioned with the typical form of evangelism...you know, the pastor yelling at passersby on the street, telling them they're going to Hell. I think the most effective way of evangelism is just to get to know people and love them like Jesus loves. "I don't set out to do great things, but small things with a great deal of love" -Mother Theresa.
These are my thoughts for the week. I don't know when I'll be able to get on here again since this blog takes so long! Merry Christmas to everyone...wish I could be home with the family, but I'm making the most of it...not many people I know have gotten to be on a beautiful Australian beach for Christmas! Miss you all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home